“Teachers can get plenty of help in implementing standards”
Author: Tricia Shelton, @tdishelton
As always, Tricia Shelton, a Secondary Science teacher with #NGSSchat moderator as one of her many hats, shows us how reflection, relationships, and resources make all the difference in successful implementation of the NGSS. This post offers direct links to the many ways you can get plugged in.
- Individual reflection and adult learning can improve understanding of the NGSS.
- #NGSSblogs project offers an opportunity to reflect individually and collaborate at the same time.
- Teachers need to band together in order to tackle NGSS. Everyone has something they can offer.
- Join the conversation during #NGSSchat 1st and 3rd Thursday at 9 PM EST
- Sharing resources in the Google+ Community, NGSS Peer Learning Network, strengthens connections and furthers the progress of the group as a whole.
See it for yourself!
Read the full blog post here. Don't forget to leave the author your feedback by commenting on their original post!
The NGSS is our opportunity to share our voice, our passion, and our gifts on a state and national level to help transform science education. What can you contribute to transform science classrooms to support science literacy so we can ensure those we teach today are ready for tomorrow?
~Tricia Shelton, @tdishelton